Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Little Blessings Big Smiles

Today I started again joining the radio program over DYRF. After a year, i'm back again, uhmm, observing the "Kasing-kasing sa Balaod (The heart of law)" program. Well, i thought i would feel the same jitters as i did the first time, but actually, i didn't. I found it enjoyable even if i didn't do a part. Well, i just read an issue but other than that, nothing else. Nothing follows. :P

It's not that i am happy that my voice is heard over the radio. To be honest though, one of my dream jobs is to be a dj. Fat chance on that, I do not like the sound of my voice over the microphone, what more over the air. Anyways, it's just that, today, I felt like a useful person again. :) haha, useful to CLAW, that is. Of course, Feil could have done it alone, knowing that he has already done it a lot of times already, but you see, there is a different sense of fulfilment if you really achieved something, even so small for the day.

I have always thought, and until now, i still do think, that the members of claw do not take me seriously. I was even quite surprised that Lucille contacted me and convinced me to join the BOS and immersion just last summer. I don't really think that she has high hopes on me, whatever, that she convinced me into joining the event, it's just that, I think, they wanted more people to join the activity and it will be such a shame that there will only be 5 of them. No regrets of joining, that was probably one of the best decisions i have made so far, and i thank Lucille for that. What i am so unhappy about is that throughout the whole activity, i actually think i only enriched myself and have not imparted something to the organization. Or that i really did nothing to help out. But now, things should definitely change.

Monette, swim against the tides.

Even though it was just a small thing that i did today, at least, i am starting. And the advocacy lives on.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you need legal advice on certain matters and you do not know what to do or you cannot afford a lawyer, you can come to the Clinical Legal Education Program office at the Pelaez St, Cebu City. It's outside the University of San Carlos Main Campus Bldg., just beside the DYRF radio station. The office is open from 1:00-5:00 pm. We would be very glad to help and be of service to you. It's for FREE.

0 comments: