Friday, July 11, 2008

Giving is Good as Long as You're Getting

That is a line from one of the songs of my all-time favorite, the Spice Girls. Last night, I was listening to a Robyn song which also mentioned something about taking. I really like the line. Not that i am bad, but because i just like the sound of it.

Modern day people give because they are asking for something in return. Well, that's the sad reality.

I made that line my tag on my IM and one of my friends commented on it. What i thought was that, he was trying to say is that, was that line for him? I was good to him, was it because he was good to me too?

Is giving really good because you are expecting something in return?

And then there is that line which says, you always get what you give.

Is the song true?

Personally, i don't give because i am expecting something given back to me. I have always stressed out that because i have the capacity, to give, to love, to help, and to care for others, i do it with my whole heart, not waiting and not expecting for something in return.

We give because we want to. What we get back in return will not be in the form of riches here in the world but will be treasures there in heaven. But we don't do it too because we are storing up for the riches in heaven but because we want to do it out of the goodness of our hearts.

But thinking about it again, giving is good as long as you are getting.

Give. And you get happiness. You earn love. Satisfaction.

It's not just a modern-day bad ideology. It's on one's interpretation.

I give because I also get.

0 comments: